Noutati

The documents show that the Caracal Residence of the Archbishop dates from 1852, and later it had its own building, at 3 Jean Dobrescu street – opposite the City Hall, where it functioned until 1959, when it moved to the current place.

On August 16, 1867, a new school is established, a branch of the Primary School no. 1, which in 1872 becomes Primary School no. 2 for Boys, operating in an improper place, in the houses of Neacşu Voiculescu, with 4 rooms downstairs and 6 rooms upstairs. This determines the principal Grigore Caluţiu to ask the City Hall, in 1877, to approve a new location, in the houses of colonel Ştefan...

Built between 1897-1902, by the blueprints of Alfred Vincenz, who, in 1930, was architect of Craiova City Hall, the house was designed in the style of the French academism, with influences of Art Nouveau and Rococo, similar to many buildings of that time in Romania. 

It used to be the property of professor Ilie Constantinescu, a well-known personality of Romanaţi, one of the biggest collectors in the country. Its building started in 1890 and was totally completed in 1913, by the Italian builder D. Lerandi, as it is written at the entrance, on the right side. It must be noticed that, although it was begun in 1890, the foundation was made of concrete, which...
Patrimony building, built in 1908 by Raicu Teodoru, important owner and merchant of Caracal and Romanaţi, situated on the former „Principele Carol” street. It is on the list of historical monuments on position 407 / OT-II-m-B-08801, and it has a sumptuous aspect, a real palace, with first floor and ground floor, balcony, staple and rich and expressive exterior decorative elements.

A monumental building, a real palace built in 1896. Owner, Florea Niculescu, known merchant from Caracal. Later, it was bought by Stavarache Borcescu, an appreciated cereal merchant of Caracal and Romanaţi. The last owner – Ecaterina Borcescu, wife of Stavarache, cereal merchant and trader, just like her husband.

Built between 1890-1893 by a merchant from Caracal, Florea Niculescu, known and appreciated in the era, according to the blueprints of architect Iulius Mariani, with the support of engineer Ernest Gesner.

In the years 1910-1911, Florea Niculescu went bankrupt, so the house became the property of the Bank of Urban Credit, and later, in 1912, when Nicolae Titulescu became Deputy of...
It is part of the housing complex built at the end of XIX century on the former Libertăţii street (today, Iancu Jianu street). The owner was a wealthy and very famous man in Caracal and Romanaţi – Ioan E. Veleanu – Liberal, as political orientation, Romanaţi Deputy, and in the period of time between 1933-1937, prefect of Romanaţi. That was a very good epoch for the county, and the achievements...

Architectural piece of the complex of Libertăţii street, its owner being Ioan Brabeţeanu, former prefect of Romanaţi (1899-1902). Built at the end of XIX century, placed on the list of historical monuments at position 355 / OT-II-m-B-08478, this was the building where the Technical Service of Romanaţi county used to function, and also the boarding school of Caracal Metallurgic Vocational...

Patrimony building built by Iancu Dobruneanu, Iancu Jianu’s nephew, at the end of the 19th century, on the site of the old homes owned by Grigore and Serban Jianu. Apparently there was a retreat tunnel from this house which is situated across the street from Iancu Jianu’s to Resca. It hasn’t been changed much. The partition of the rooms remained the same, some stoves from the...

A massive construction at the end of XVIII century, in the style of the fortified houses (culă) of the boyars, belonging to the cupbearer Costache Jianu, father of Iancu Jianu. It has a ground floor, one floor and cellars. The flooring of the ground floor is 20 cm below the ground and consists in three rooms of modest sizes, the main entrance has massive oaken doors, with iron hinges. The floor...